Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Golden Thread

"The Golden Thread"- that's the name of my new collection! I saw it in my mind's eye. A golden DNA strand connecting deities and the great lovers in our species; archetypes, mythical ones, all painted through people alive and pulsing now. It will contain 33 pieces/ 33 humans, 3 feet wide a piece, with 99 feet of connected paintings circled to ensconce us as we walk into the room. The walls black, the background black, with life popping out of the darkness. Shown on November 7, 2009 at ClearPoint. 

This is where I'll be sharing the pieces with you as I paint them. I feel enlivened by this project! I go to sleep dreaming about it-  about canvases and little winks and veils and wiry shining golden strands. Of St Francis and Peter and Joan of Arc and Angel Gabriel and Mary and Pontious Pilate and Ptolemy. I will do a good job!

1 comment:

  1. O' my. This sounds coooool.

    Love the numerology.. not sure what it all means but I'm sure that many great things come in 3's. Funny I started to draft up my training for this weekend and 3 steps keeps coming up. Are more than 33 people invited? Maybe 99?

    You ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete